Augest 20th

I have not really been updating much because my play for the month has been really stagnant. I started off really hot winning about $1600 at $100NL cash games, but it went all downhill from there. I dropped about $500 back and another $500 at the new $50NL Heads Up cash tables. I have been struggling ever since playing mostly break even poker. However that all changed last night, when I had my biggest MTT score ever.

I really have not played many MTT's all month, however it was Sunday and the FTOPS M.E. was today. So I decided to try and satellite in, which I did for about $100. I then decided I should be playing a few more MTT's since I had to play this one. I bought into the 200K guaranteed Stars 2nd chance tournament soon after. I played really well and made it all the way to heads up with a 2.5:1 chip lead. The guy was reallllllly tight, and I probably could have beaten him heads up but I decided that I was willing to chop considering there was more than a 20K difference between 1st and 2nd place. I won just a little more than $46,000 for my efforts. By far my largest score ever.

I would write a report but I don't think there was really any interesting hands, mostly just me playing standard TAG and running good. I was delt a lot of premium hands, and most of them held up. I preddy much dominated the final table bubble chipping up to about 1.6million, double that of the next closest person. I got lucky in maybe one spot at the final table where my Q6ss beat AT, but I got unlucky in a lot of other spots. Anyways im really psyched about this as I feel it will be a springboard for more big cashes down the road. I am now rolled for basically anything I could want to play. I will probably continue to play $100NL and move up to $200NL really soon. I also think I will be playing a lot more MTT's in the future.

Its a really weird feeling winning this, I know its a lot of money, but it just hasen't sunk in yet. Its weird how one small almost insiginificant decision lead me to this. I almost didn't even play any MTT's today, as I was going to go out to the lake. However it was raining, and all the guests cancelled, so I didn't go. Then later in the day, I was thinking to myself that I just did not feel like playing today. Then I said if I sat into the FTOPS ME I would play a few more MTT's for the day. While I was playing the satellite I was thinking to my self that this is going to be really long and boring day. I should just try to bust out and go to sleep. I was thinking to myself that I would probably just take the $535 in cash (what the seat was worth) if I could, but Full Tilt does not allow you to do that. They make you play if you satellite in. So I said f it, and bought into the stars 2nd chance for $215 as well. And now the rest is history. Funny how such small decisions and feelings can lead up to a bigger and greater outcome. Anyways, I just wanted to document some of the random thoughts that were flying around in my head. I'll leave with a picture of the lobby from my win.


No comments: