October 15th

Having a bad month so far. I really want to post a winning month after my big win, I think its critical to my success. A big problem is not getting in enough hands of cash. And also, I feel I should still be learning more and trying to improve my game.

On the 7th (sunday) I took 15th in the UB 200K guaranteed, which was really dissapointing. I had a top 5 stack for most of the tourney, riding it all the way to the final 3 tables. I then lost a coinflip which would have given me the chip l ead, however it was a hand that DID NOT cripple me. So I still had plenty of chips as the final 2 tables came up. I think I got a little impatient and missplayed a hand which busted me. It was a good learning experience, but it just shows me that I am still fairly inexperienced when it comes to closing out on tournaments.

I was doing well in cash games, but then I had one HORRIBLE day where I lost 5 buy-ins, which basically whiped out all my profit for the month. I have been running insanely bad on full tilt. It is getting to be a joke. My won $ at showdown for that day was about 32%, which is reallllllllly bad.

Im going to try and set a goal to play 1K hands a day untill I go out of town this weekend. So that should be about 5K hands, not too crazy, but should still be challenging only playing only 4-6 tables.

I'll leave you with a hand that I just played today, to show how horrrible I run.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
http://www.legopoker.com/hh

BB: $119.65
UTG: $213
MP: $259.10
Hero (CO): $688
BTN: $123.80
SB: $117.40

Pre-Flop: Qc Jc dealt to Hero (CO)
UTG folds, MP raises to $6, Hero calls $6, BTN folds, SB calls $5, BB calls $4

Flop: ($24) 8c Ts 9s (4 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP bets $22, Hero raises to $82, SB folds, BB raises to $113.65 and is All-In, MP raises to $253.10 and is All-In, Hero calls $171.10

Turn: ($643.85) 8d (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($643.85) 6h (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $643.85 Pot ($3 Rake)
BB showed 8h 8s (four of a kind, Eights) and WON $361.95 (+$242.30 NET)
MP showed Th Tc (a full house, Tens full of Eights) and WON $278.90 (+$19.80 NET)
Hero showed Qc Jc (a straight, Queen high) and LOST (-$259.10 NET)

No comments: